The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Form Text Field editor missing in 5.5? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings-

Did OW5.5 lose the ability to open text fields in a separate editor window? Please tell me this is just temporary! I used this feature all the time in the previous OW versions.

Of course even in the latest release version of OW, the load text button didn't actually work...but it was a great idea and I was rather hopeful that we would see not only a load text button but a save text button as well in 5.5.

I was also very sad to see that this feature was missing from the sneaky peeks. It is one of my favorite OW features, and while the browser is still the best of breed without it, I would really like to see the separate editor (and type-ahead-find) re-implemented in the final release.

The name that feature goes by is "zoomed text editor." So as the SP's come out, check the release notes to see if there are updates about it. Right now the release notes say it's on the todo list. There's also a thread in this forum in which it is discussed.