The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripting project, context in Quick Entry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I cannot seem to script context or project in quick entry.

I've tried a number of ways of doing it, but it appears that Quick Entry contains neither element by default, and once you assign them manually, they have different IDs than those in the parent document.

Here's an example:

Code:
Tell application "OmniFocus" to tell default document
set aContext to context 1
tell quick entry
activate
make new inbox task with properties {name:"foo", context:aContext}
end tell
end tell
This doesn't work at all.

Could just be that those fields are un-scriptable in Quick Entry. But I'd think it ought to work. QE should just inherit the parent's contexts, no?