The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why don't some tasks archive when completed? [A: bug we haven't got a repro case for yet] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm very familiar with archiving completed tasks, and do so at the start of every month. Somehow I have a short list of tasks (see the attached screenshot) that just refuse to archive.

They're all part of projects that I never actually complete, so is that the reason the tasks linger?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	completed.png
Views:	676
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2754  

Sorry for the inconvenience - I have a few tasks in my database that are in a similar state. I haven't been able to determine exactly when it happens. I just move them manually from time to time.

It's one of those things I'd personally like us to get figured out and fix, but taking time away from the stuff that folks are asking for a lot more frequently just because I'm personally affected doesn't seem like a responsible thing to agitate for. :-)

That said, I will attach you to the bug I filed, helping it climb up the list a little bit.

Thanks, Brian. It's definitely not worth hindering development of something else :)

Does moving the tasks help them get recognized as archive-able?

Sorry, by "move them" I mean I open the archive, drag-copy them over, then delete them from my active database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry, by "move them" I mean I open the archive, drag-copy them over, then delete them from my active database.
Ha! So simple, I overlooked that option. Thanks :)