The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tool Palette gone missing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello to the forum.

I'm using OmniGraffle 4.2.3 on Mac OS X 10.5.2, using 4.x so that I can have the same version as on my PowerBook running 10.4.11.

My tool palette seems to only display if I put it in the application's toolbar. If I change my preferences to display it in separate window (with the 'docked' checkbox in either state), it disappears. Any ideas on how I can remedy this? The problem is, if I have the palette in the general toolbar, I have to have the window quite wide in order to see all of the toolbar buttons.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jon

You can get it to display from the Window Menu --> Show Tool Palette.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Joel, I was looking in the wrong place: I thought it would be on the View menu and did not consider the Window menu as I rarely need it in any application. Come to think of it, most show/hide stuff *is* on the View menu; why's that one different?

While I am here, please would you consider a Window | Save Window Size option as per OmniWeb?

Thanks again,

Jon

Saved Graffle documents already save their window size and position.

The Tools Palette is in the Window Menu because it's well, a separate window.

Right, I see the logic (kind of), but there are plenty of windows in OG, like the various inspectors and the color and font windows, and none of those appear on the Window menu. I think that maybe I tripped up because of all the things that can be shown or hidden, the palette is the only one that's on the Window menu.

I did realise that saved documents retain their size/position info, but newly created ones don't (as far as I can see anyway), even if I create a document window the size I want and then save it as a template.

Thanks for all your help, catch you next time!