The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

fill with textures? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to fill an object with a texture rather than a color? (specifically with diagonal lines?)

Thanks.

There's a pattern fill color picker available in OmniGraffle Professional, if that's what you're after -- Classic old-school MacPaint and MacDraw hatched patterns, that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
There's a pattern fill color picker available in OmniGraffle Professional, if that's what you're after -- Classic old-school MacPaint and MacDraw hatched patterns, that sort of thing.
Just what I need, but I can't seem to find it. If I click Fill Color in the Fill Inspector, I always end up with the Crayon Color Picker. No fill patterns there, as far as I can see.

How exactly do I get this pattern fill color picker?

--
Richard

You need OmniGraffle Professional - it isn't present in the standard version. However, if you have Pro, it is this icon in the Colour palette:

Note, using the gradients fills and opacity settings, you can vary the style of the fill (e.g. I've applied two different fills to the image above). A more standard fill is below:

I also made a film (17.3MB) of how you do this (and use the fills inspector in general) a while back:

Fills movie

The relevant section is about two thirds of the way through if you don't want to watch the basic stuff at the beginning.