The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automatically install Sneaky Peek updates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I realize that this could be a bad idea for all sorts of reasons. That said, the reality is that I do "automatically" install every day's Sneaky Peek build; I just do it manually, by acknowledging the alerts, entering my password, etc. I don't come visit the forum and try to correlate problem reports with sneaky-peek build versions to see if the new one is safe to install. I just do it.

My Mac's protected with CrashPlan, which does real-time backups, and saves every version of every file. (Like Time Machine on steroids.) So I can easily roll back if something goes wrong.

I have yet to learn AppleScript and Automator. Does anyone have a script that would detect the "new version available" pop up, go through the install, type the password, etc.?

Do you have Check for Updates turned on in the OF preferences? My Sneaky Peek automatically installs the latest updates.

Curt

Yep, it's checked. When you say "automatically installs", do you mean that you come back to the computer and it's the latest version, up and running, no clicks required? Or that it offers you the latest, you click "download", you click "install", you enter your password, you close the Release Notes window yourself? It's those steps I want to skip.

Ah, I see. I do have to click through those steps.

Curt