The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DropDAV compatibility issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yes, synchronization is precisely the most common use case I'm interested in with Dropbox. I want to be able to edit a few common files that I have, either on one of the Macs I have access to (work and home) or my iPad, and always be able to just work and not have to think about importing, exporting, etc.

Right now I'm trying to use DropDav to get at least partway there but it errors out when trying to open a file created on Mac OmniOutliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomRider View Post
Right now I'm trying to use DropDav to get at least partway there but it errors out when trying to open a file created on Mac OmniOutliner.
Ditto. I'm seeing the same thing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomRider View Post
Sorry for the trouble this is causing - we've identified a couple of places where DropDav isn't handling file names in a manner consistent with the webDAV spec. Issues have been communicated to the DropDAV developer, but in the meantime, the Omni Sync Server may be a better choice.

+1 - I'm seeing this problem, too. I'm behind fairly restrictive proxy at work, and can't mount my OSS WebDAV share from my Mac, so Dropbox support is the only way I can go, I think. Looking forward to a resolution on this one.

Jabansoft, sorry for the trouble this is causing - you should be able to mount your Sync Server share from the Finder's "Go" menu. Just enter "https://sync.omnigroup.com/<your account name>/" into the "Server Address:" field, then press the Connect button and enter your username/password when they're requested. If that doesn't work for you, contact the support ninjas and we'll be happy to help.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2011-05-12 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Added a trailing slash after the account name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry for the trouble this is causing - we've identified a couple of places where DropDav isn't handling file names in a manner consistent with the webDAV spec.

FYI, the DropDAV compatibility issues with our iPad apps (including OmniOutliner) appear to be fixed.

Just one issue left of needing to use "https://dav.dropdav.com/" as the url. If you leave the trailing slash off the url, you'll be prompted to log in each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
FYI, the DropDAV compatibility issues with our iPad apps (including OmniOutliner) appear to be fixed.
Dropdav is still not fully functional.
Export doesn´t work....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulmisch View Post
Dropdav is still not fully functional.
Export doesn´t work....
Make sure you have a "/" at the end of your dropdav url. If you don't then it will ask for username and pw every time you export. Export seems to work fine for me.

DropDAV was working for me last night, now this morning it is busted again. I'm getting file errors when attempting to open documents and server errors when attempting to save documents.