The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Apple VGA Adapter to view Omnifocus with a projector Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I use Omnifocus on my iPad, and would like to share the screen with my team using a projector during team meetings. I am considering getting the Apple 30-pin to VGA adapter cable. However, several comments on the Mac online store point out that not all apps are compatible with this cable.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...le-vga-adapter

Has anyone had any experience using Omnifocus with the VGA adapter? Is it compatible?

Thanks!
Sang

I haven't tried it with the VGA adapter, but if your iPad supports video mirroring, it ought to work: (from the release notes)
Quote:
User Interface
OmniFocus takes advantage of hardware screen mirroring when available.
When mirroring your iPad 2 on a secondary display, OmniFocus now shows your gestures—taps, pinches, swipes, and all—so that your viewers can follow along.
I do the video mirroring through my AppleTV 2 with my iPad 2 on occasion and have had no problems. No substitute for trying it out yourself and making sure it works with your gear before the big presentation, though!

OmniFocus supports VGA. I just tried it myself. (I've used it before, but wanted to be extra sure.)

Thanks! I'll get the cable knowing it won't be 30€ gone waste!
Sang