The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automate iCal events to OF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to get iCal events to automatically show up in OmniFocus, say in a project called "Events"?

This would be helpful to me because I print out a Perspective called "Today", which shows all of my tasks for the day. If appointments were automatically in that Perspective, it would save me from printing out a separate calendar page.

See this thread, rogbar. (If I misunderstood your question, let me know.)

Hi Brian,

I saw the post saying there's a toolbar button: Sync with iCal. Can't quite tell if this syncs Task or Events. What happens when I hit that button?

All I really want to do is get today's iCal events into an OF project called "Events". I can do it manually, but am looking for a way for today's iCal events to always show up in OF, automatically.

And I second that . . . especially with the Forecast view in the iPad app it would be great to see iCal events in OF. Otherwise forecasting and managing tasks would require switching back and forth to the actual calendar (i.e. can I actually do this on that day or do I already have an appointment there, am I travelling etc.). I hope this can be made an easy integration in an update!