The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cannot play Real media Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With all 5.6 sp build through 90481, I have not been able to play Real media from kcrw.com, even after upgrading to the latest Real player. Safari 3 plays it just fine, again.
http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/ls/..._-_august_26_/
click "listen".

Payam

Just tried it and it works for me again. However, I also have Little Snitch installed and it did prompt me to allow the site to access port 554 (IIRC) before it would play... I wonder if this is the cause of your issue here and for the wmv files in your other thread - is your router/firewall blocking ports that are required for media playback?

It works here on latest SP release too, RP 11 installed.

You may try "Check Media Types" or if it doesn't work "Reset Realplayer" in Realplayer "Help" menu. Reset Realplayer does a clean reinstall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgaz View Post
It works here on latest SP release too, RP 11 installed.

You may try "Check Media Types" or if it doesn't work "Reset Realplayer" in Realplayer "Help" menu. Reset Realplayer does a clean reinstall.
Now, I can't play Real Media either! I get the same crash I get with the wmv enclosures! Ok. I think I am going to do a complete reinstall of all media players to see what happens.

I'm on the latest sp90668 as of this morning.

I just deleted all internet plugins in both /Library/ and ~/Library/ and reinstalled flip4mac, flash and rest real player. I no longer have the problem with real media, but the wmv plugin at http://walki-talki.com/store/press.php still crashes OW.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by philonous; 2007-09-03 at 08:57 AM..