The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Top margin Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I print from OF, I have a header at the top of the page with the Perspective, Date and Time ... but the very tops of the characters get cut off. Is there some way I can adjust the top margin so it doesn't get cut off?

My printer is a Canon MX850.

I don't know why it does it, but my printer does the same thing. Just so you know you aren't alone. ;-)

The other printer function that doesn't work is the convert all text to black and white. When printing to my black and white printer, I get shades of gray. Not illegible, but slightly annoying.

Eric

There are some issues with printing and margins. See this thread: Printer Margin Issues. Be sure to send in the feedback that you need this to work better!

The black and white issue can be attacked by using the PDF button on the print command to save the output as PDF. Open the resulting file in Preview, select Save As... and save it again, except this time turn on the Quartz Black and White filter. Now you can print in black and white. For some reason, Apple took the ability to run this filter out of the Print dialog in Leopard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The black and white issue can be attacked by using the PDF button on the print command to save the output as PDF. Open the resulting file in Preview, select Save As... and save it again, except this time turn on the Quartz Black and White filter. Now you can print in black and white. For some reason, Apple took the ability to run this filter out of the Print dialog in Leopard!
Thanks for the tip. Sounds like a big work around for something I don't consider that big of a problem, but the tip will still be useful... even for other applications I imagine.

Eric

Yeah, it's definitely more tedious in Leopard than in Tiger, where you just change one print setting. I tend to only use it when my printer runs out of one of the color inks. Progress...