The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File extension issue for HTML export can overwrite plan file Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ran into a big issue what could have caused me to lose my entire plan had I not caught it in time. When exporting to html as a task list the first time, it exported just fine (aside from other filtering issues I mentioned in another thread). However, when I came back to export it a second time, with the format selected as Task List from the previous export, the file extension (which was hidden by default!) was ".omniplan" not .html.

What this meant was when I actually did the export, which was in the same directory as my plan, it overwrote my plan file. Sure it asked whether it was OK to overwrite a file with the same name, but since I knew I was replacing a previously exported HTML file this seemed fine.

I luckily caught this in time since the HTML did not reflect the changes I had made and I got suspicious. But this could have been pretty bad...

We are aware of this issue occurring in Leopard and believe we have addressed it in our upcoming beta release. If you are encountering the problem in Tiger, or see this issue again with the upcoming beta, please let us know.

OK, thanks. This is in Leopard (should have mentioned that). When will the beta be available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwilco1 View Post
OK, thanks. This is in Leopard (should have mentioned that). When will the beta be available?
Right about... now!

-Tom

Wow, great! Thanks for the update.