The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best practise please? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to Omnifocus but starting to get the hang of it. Having tried a number of other productivity software packages I found it unnerving to find after entering my tasks with start dates that they don't appear in the forecast. But I get it now, 'omni'focus.

I would like to plan ahead, selecting/flagging three of tomorrow's most important tasks. How do I do this if Omnifocus hides them from view?

I feel sure there are several solutions but am unsure where to look. What is best practise please?

Ooer!

It has just turned midnight so 'tomorrow' is 'today' but I still can't see any of the tasks set to start today. I am clearly missing something... /-:

Ok, I get it, the answer is in the 'View' options upper-right (embarrassed).

interesting that Omnifocus places so much importance on hiding future tasks. It isn't what I expected. Perhaps it is a GTD thing. No doubt I will come to appreciate the benefits over time :-)

I'll try not to post further questions until after I have a better understanding of the software.

It isn't really an emphasis, since you can easily adjust the view option to show or hide future tasks as you prefer. It also isn't exactly "future" tasks that can be hidden. Rather, the point is that you can easily hide any tasks that cannot be done right now if you choose. I believe the point is that you can show those tasks when you are in planning mode (such as flagging tasks to do tomorrow) and hide them when you are in doing mode and are looking for a next action to tackle.

Thank-you for your response Stargazer. I feel sure once I get to grips with how Omnifocus works I shall appreciate it's strengths and sing it's praises like the rest of you. Currently I do not find it intuitive. It isn't helping that the Mac and IPad versions look and feel so different. Not at all Mac-like.

Not to worry, I like a challenge (-: