The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Workspace Woes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using beta 2. I've noticed that occasionally OW forgets the contents of a workspace. Anyone else notice this behavior?

Nope, never had that issue. I've had issues after a crash though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL
I'm using beta 2. I've noticed that occasionally OW forgets the contents of a workspace. Anyone else notice this behavior?
Never had a problem myself. OmniWeb auto-saves while browsing, so the contents of a workspace are dynamic. Is that the behaviour you noticed?

In the long time I have been using OmniWeb 5.x I have had this happen to me on a very few occasions (and it has been a pain), but I have at least been able to recover to my snapshot each time by selecting to restore it - I just lost the other tabs I had opened that weren't a part of my snapshot. However, it hasn't happened to me with the sneaky peeks or betas of 5.5.

Known issue since before OW 5 was released, but since it's hard to reproduce there's little OW can do about it. The real manifestation is that "autosave while browsing" becomes unticked, so I suppose it's great that that tick box appears to be obeyed -- at least, whenever this happens to me I press c-cmd-0 and see that tick box unselected.

I have noticed that the auto-unticking appears to be related to crashers -- that is I have never seen it happen spontaneously except over a crash boundary. Is that what you saw too?