The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will Omnifocus for iphone can keep running in background as Mail application Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried omnifocus for iphone and I kind liked it, but today I found that the app was not at "always - on " status, that means when I picked up something to do in the middle of the day, I should add tasks by using a Mac and then open the app to make sure it's already synced, or I needed to type these tasks on my iphone directly but it spent much more time.

But if omnifocus can do exactly like Mail, all I need to do is add tasks through my Mac and take my iphone with me. That's more like the "Push",right? And I think it will contribute to more conviencies

Thanks for reading

Due to the limitations of the iPhone SDK from Apple, we are unable to do this.

However, once the Push Notification API is released we might be able to something similar to what you propose, but we'll need to see the API before any final plans can be made.