The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Squirrel Fish Extreme Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Omni guys - any chance the latest webkit builds with Squirrel Fish Extreme will be making it into OW 5.8?

Or is it likely to be 5.9/6?

that would be just awesome! i hope squirrelfish extreme will make it into the next version of OW (i think that will be 5.9?).
OW would be the fastest mac browser by far!

Actually, if OW wanted to generate some good press they should try to incorporate one of these WebKit builds sooner rather than later.

But I'd take stability and compatibilty first, the super-speed can come later.

FWIW I just downloaded a Webkit nightly and it is VERY fast, especially on Ajax-heavy sites.

I would LOVE to see this in OW as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
FWIW I just downloaded a Webkit nightly and it is VERY fast, especially on Ajax-heavy sites.

I would LOVE to see this in OW as soon as I can.
Agreed.

WebKit is indeed a pleasure to use with web apps. As a heavy Google Reader and Gmail user, WebKit has swayed me away from Firefox and OmniWeb... at least until I get sick of the lack of functionality. Ultimately, having a few key features (ad blocking, keyword shortcuts, site-specific prefs) seems to beat out raw speed.