The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PDF export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I upgraded to the new OmniOutliner, and I was able to migrate my files easily and quickly.

I'm glad to see that there's more export options in this new version and I also appreciate being able to finally organize all my documents and the much more user friendly templates. So, thanks for adding all those features.

However; I'm still missing PDF exports. I can convert the dynamic HTML files into PDFs as I have been doing since the last version. But I find that very inconvenient and would much rather directly export as a PDF file that I can share with anyone.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layth View Post
I can convert the dynamic HTML files into PDFs as I have been doing since the last version.
Hi Layth,

I was wondering how you were converting the dynamic HTML files into PDF and if they retained all their formatting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrkpl View Post
I was wondering how you were converting the dynamic HTML files into PDF and if they retained all their formatting?
I have an app called PDF Converter, so I send the HTML file from OmniOutliner to PDF Converter and once it's converted to a PDF file I send it to whatever app I need that PDF file to go to.

Format retention is excellent, even on files that have multiple columns. However, you may experience an odd page break here and there depending on row sizes.

It's not ideal, it would work much better if OmniOutliner exported as a PDF directly but the work around works and makes your outlines easy to share and ready for printing.

Without pdf export this app for me is an expensive waste of money