The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open in pages Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. The online video of OmniOutliner for iPad shows that you can export an OO document to pages. But what the video doesn't show is the result.

Can anybody tell what items of the page layout stay in tact? Or is only the text exported like OO 3 on mac.

I too am experiencing a huge difference between my oo2 outlines and what shows up in pages or word when exported as a docx.

I would appreciate help in learning how I could output an oo2 outline so folks that don't have oo could see it with the intended look or how I can continue working in word or pages from an oo2 outline as stated on the video.

The docx export is the same as the one offered in OO3 Pro for Mac. It only exports the outline column and is formatting to work with Word's outline view. If you switch to the outline view in Word, you will see your hierarchy. Styling will carry over as well, and if level styles are used, they will be created as a style in Word as well. The goal of this export option is to provide an easy way to go from the outlining phase to the full on writing that you would want to use a word processor for. It is not intended to provide a multi-column replica of your outline. Word is not really suited for that, the only way to provide actual columns in Word is with a table. Would a proper Excel export option better suit your needs?

You can download OO3 Pro and use it in trial mode to see how the export works if you have a Mac to use.

I would definitely benefit from a proper Excel or similar export option

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
The docx export is the same as the one offered in OO3 Pro for Mac. It only exports the outline column and is formatting to work with Word's outline view. If you switch to the outline view in Word, you will see your hierarchy. Styling will carry over as well, and if level styles are used, they will be created as a style in Word as well. The goal of this export option is to provide an easy way to go from the outlining phase to the full on writing that you would want to use a word processor for. It is not intended to provide a multi-column replica of your outline. Word is not really suited for that, the only way to provide actual columns in Word is with a table. Would a proper Excel export option better suit your needs?
Thank you. I actually didn't know there was an outline view in word. I allready own OO3 pro.