The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript creation of tasks with existing dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am finishing up my python script (using appscript) to import all our project/clients/todos/time entries from basecamp and am having trouble figuring out how to set the start/end date of a task and have it stick.

Right now i am setting the project start date to the earliest existing Todo from my basecamp export, then i am setting the start/end date of each task as I create them.

Here is what I am doing (summarized and in appscript parlance):

Code:
doc=app("OmniPlan").make(new=k.document)
doc.project.starting_date=earliest_date
for todo in todos:
   d={k.name:todo.name,
         k.start_date:todo.start_date,
         k.end_date:todo.end_date}
   doc.make(new=k.task,with_properties=d)
When I run this all my tasks are lined up at the project start with start and end like:

start:
Actual: T day 8:00 AM
Baseline: T+494w 1d 12:00 AM

I am still hunting for any examples on creating existing tasks with actual start/stop dates, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully if I can get this ironed out i will post my scripts so others can utilize them.