The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Any news about 1.0.3? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

the synch'ing really starts to bother me. For my part, even 20-30 secs is way too much, especially if nothing (!) has changed.

The loading time at startup is another point. Why does it take so long? I mean every other app starts in a second (except games). There is no need to read and order everything at the beginning, just load as needed, if this speeds up the startup.

Although I appreciate your efforts, I'd like to ask what is the roadmap of this application. When will 1.0.3 come out and what will it fix? What's up in the future? I think the 20 $ isn't too much if everything worked, but at the moment, it is just hardly useable.

BTW: Adding a voice note works with my old iPhone, but adding a photo crashed *every* time.

Thank you,
Eiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by chess77 View Post
... the synch'ing really starts to bother me. For my part, even 20-30 secs is way too much ...
Have you tried the process outlined in this thread? As a short term fix, it helped correct the problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Have you tried the process outlined in this thread? As a short term fix, it helped correct the problem for me.
Yes, it worked for a short time and brought it down to the still too long 20-30 secs. It' back to minutes now.

So you tried the Apple Script and it worked only for a time? That's odd. I just ran the process and it's working great, but now you're making me nervous.

I ran the process at the end of last week. Since then my syncs have been really quick. Granted I don't have what I would consider to be a huge database, but the improvement was great. [Knock on wood]

1.0.3 has already been sent to Apple.

Syncing will get gradually slower if you have a machine that isn't synced regularly. For example, my syncs get slower by Sunday night when my work computer hasn't synced since Friday afternoon. Syncing at work Monday morning brings it back up to speed.

There are only two situations where you should need to run the script again:
1) You change the sync settings on your iPhone and change them back again.
2) You stop using OmniFocus on one of your machines. (eg: upgrading your iPhone)

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-08-12 at 12:38 PM..

I agree that startup and synching takes WAY too long. We're not talking a huge amount of data here either. For instance, the amount of data for my 50 actions has to be far less than for my hundreds of contacts, yet the address book opens in a second. Can you provide any explanation as to why it takes so long to load data?

Synching is faster after running the script, but loading on startup is appalling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
1.0.3 has already been sent to Apple.

Syncing will get gradually slower if you have a machine that isn't synced regularly. For example, my syncs get slower by Sunday night when my work computer hasn't synced since Friday afternoon. Syncing at work Monday morning brings it back up to speed.

There are only two situations where you should need to run the script again:
1) You change the sync settings on your iPhone and change them back again.
2) You stop using OmniFocus on one of your machines. (eg: upgrading your iPhone)
With 1.0.3, after a successful update, do you recommend starting fresh with a new sync database on the webdav server? Or just keep using my current one?

It should be fine to just march on with your existing sync. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it.) But if you do experience increasing slowness, it's worth a try.

could you tell us what is new and fixed in 1.0.3?

thanks