The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mac @ Home - Windows @ Work: How do you deal? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use my Windows Mobile device with Outlook at work and Missing Sync at home to keep tasks sync'd btwn OF and Outlook.

Hello,

I'm also struggling with a "bad" implementation under windows.
I found mylifeorganized and think it's a usable solution.
Since mlo can import / export xml the idea is to import / export between
OF and MLO that way.
Yesterday I got my xmind2of applescript running. And since xmind
also has a similar structure as xmind I hopefully just need to do
some minor changes for import. For exporting ? We will see ...

Hope for some of you it's good news.

so long
Udo

PS: link to my script

Last edited by johnjj; 2008-04-27 at 07:43 AM..

I think keeping a personal to do list on an employer's system--especially a big employer--is a very bad idea. No privacy. I see this as a flawed assumption in David Allen's model. There are plenty of workarounds. I indicated in an earlier post that I have a bottom-of-the-line MacBook that I bring to work every day. It's perfect for me.

I agree, bas42. Depending on your employer's security and system access policies, it can be nearly impossible to sync your information between a personal and business system. The two best responses to this situation are:

1. Keep everything on a Mac notebook. However, this can be a problem if many of your workplace inputs come via email. Especially if you are not allowed to connect your mac to the corporate network.

2. Keep your work context entirely seperate from the rest of your life. This approach is going to be a problem the more interconnected your professional and personal lives are . . . or at least as one intrudes on the other's time.

Further complicating things is the @ errands context. Ideally you would want smart shopping lists on your phone, but I've not found such an app on either the iPhone or on a Windows smartphone. Yes. The apps do exist, but they are so clumsy in comparison to the shopping app (free no less) on my old Palm PDA. Thus, I'm back to printing shopping lists, and crossing things off the lists as I shop. Perhaps the iPhone SDK will bring some shopping goodness this summer . . .