The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bulleted lists - spacing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I can make bulleted lists in OG using the List drop-down from the Ruler. I'd like to set the default space between the bullet and the text. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Wendy

In the ruler, use the tabs that appear while you are inputting text:

I can do it for any individual text box with bullets using the ruler but can't figure out if I can save it as default. I'd like to re-set the standard to have different spacing between bullet and text rather than moving it for each bulleted text area.

Thanks.

Saving your settings as a Style will let you do this:

Set up your bullet list as you would like it to appear, select one or more of the bullets then click the Styles menu on the left of the ruler (when in text input mode).

Click Other... at the bottom of the menu and then click the Add to Favourites button.

A drop down menu will appear and you will be able to choose to preserve the font settings and/or the ruler settings. If you don't care to reapply the font settings each time only select the latter. Name your style (e.g. Close bullets or Distant bullets or whatever fits)

In new text input areas, create your bulleted list as normal using the Lists menu. Then select the contents of the list, go to the Styles menu and choose the title that you gave your preferred ruler settings. Spacing will change to your preferred settings.

How you can use that particular style by default rather than going through the process of first creating the list and then converting it, I don't know.