The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.5 Beta and Prototype/Scripatulous Updating Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of the beta testers of my new Web application reported that OmniWeb 5.5 betas do not correctly render certain Ajax functions.

For example, the user can dynamically add & delete categories using Ajax functionality. After the user adds an item, it should appear in the list of other items, but it only doesn't with OW. In fact, the item won't even post to the database in some instances.

I am unable to see if there's any JavaScript Console output because the window won't open for some reason.

If you need more information on this or would like to see a demo, please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by carpeaqua; 2006-07-23 at 09:51 AM..

As mentioned in the release notes, the JavaScript Console doesn't work yet (5.5b1).

The release notes don't mention anything about my Javascript issue, so that's not really my pressing concern. I mention the console simply as a point of reference for me not being able to debug...

Have you tested this with webkit?

I suspect there is an issue with the current version of WebKit we're on. We'll be moving forward again in an update following the release of 5.5 that will hopefully address the problem. Especially if it works in recent WebKit nightlies:

http://nightly.webkit.org/builds/