The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Actions Stay in Inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Am I missing something?

If I create a new Action (not under the hierarchy of a project) and assign a project in the project field and a context, it doesn't end up under the project but in the Inbox until I drag it there. Is this a bug, or do I not understand something.

Greg

If you're creating it in the inbox, it will stay in the inbox until you hit clean up.

If you create it in the quick entry window and you add the project and context it should auto-file when you save it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
If you create it in the quick entry window and you add the project and context it should auto-file when you save it.
That depends on your settings in Preferences; I like to review tasks in the Inbox before cleaning up, so I have disabled that setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregz44j View Post
If I create a new Action (not under the hierarchy of a project) and assign a project in the project field and a context, it doesn't end up under the project but in the Inbox until I drag it there.
Check your Quick Entry settings under the General tab in the OmniFocus preferences. If you want items sent to the Inbox from Quick Entry to be cleaned up immediately, you've got to turn it on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	589

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-07-17 at 06:31 PM..