The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

no discounts any longer for omnioutliner pro users? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi,

i've been sitting on the bench for some time now deciding whether to purchase omnifocus. as a license owner of omnioutlook pro, i thought there was a discount.

however, i am unable to find any reference to this discount on your site. am i just being thick or is there no discount for omnioutliner pro license holders?

thanks,

mbotta

At one point, there was a discount for OmniOutliner Pro licensees buying an OmniFocus license. I believe the idea was to subsidize the transition cost for those users who had bought OOP to run Evan Schoonover's Kinkless GTD, which provided some of the inspiration and format for OmniFocus (and Evan moved to Omni), and to drum up some extra sales volume. But we are coming up on the 2 year anniversary of OmniFocus 1.0 shipping, and Omni's marketing group may have decided that anyone buying OmniFocus at this point wasn't likely to have been a Kinkless GTD user. You could always send an email to sales@omnigroup.com and plead your case. As far as I can recall, the discount has been gone at least since OmniWeb, etc. switched to being free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I believe the idea was to subsidize the transition cost for those users who had bought OOP to run Evan Schoonover's Kinkless GTD, which provided some of the inspiration and format for OmniFocus (and Evan moved to Omni), and to drum up some extra sales volume.
I believe that was Ethan Schoonover rather than Evan. Perhaps Evan was his evil (good?) twin.

I would seem neither Ethan nor Evan are at Omni any more. At least they don't appear on the Our People page.

-Dennis

You're right, that's what I get for posting before I'm awake!

Yep, he's left Omni, don't know where or why.

Still can't believe I got his name wrong!

thanks for that. i think i might just venture an email to the omnigroup. who knows if they will have the clemency to extend the discount just for me? :)

cheers,

mbotta