The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Handle to move connection line Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hello, I love the product but I have a hard time with connector lines.

Sometimes 2 connectors stick together and I do not have the little blue handle to split them appart. And if I manage to get the handle by misaligning my objects, I don not have full managability; I have limited movement. I would like one not to cross the whole design but go way around my diagram.

hoping I am clear.
dm

dm, I received a very helpful hint today from the Omni Support Ninjas that states "the only way to route lines around shapes is to do so manually by adding a midpoint (Option-double-click the line to add a midpoint) and then select and move the midpoint to change the course of the line." I hope that this help you out!

Last edited by g147z4u73; 2007-07-09 at 05:51 AM..

This hint is priceless! I have been frustrated with that one particular shortcoming of the app since I first started using it a few years ago. It was one of the only areas where I felt Visio did a better job. A lot of my work involves rendering "parallel" connections and this hint will help immensely! Thank you (and thanks to the Ninjas!)