The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Invisible item in my Projects view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I seem to have an invisible item. See screenshot below. All of the items in the Admin project should be completed, but the label still shows 1, and an overdue 1 at that.
Have I managed to put this action away somewhere, or is it a bug? If the former, is there a way for me to see absolutely every task I have ever added (Perspectives->All items is already selected in this screenshot)?

I am using OmniFocus 1.1 sneakypeek (v77.9.0.103490) and this invisible item has been around for at least the last week.

Thanks,

Ian.
--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	612  

The project itself is counting as one. If you mark the project complete, the number should change to zero. There may be other options but I'm not certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave256 View Post
The project itself is counting as one. If you mark the project complete, the number should change to zero. There may be other options but I'm not certain.
I think this is correct... for a while there was a bug where we were counting completed actions by mistake sometimes. After trying the suggested solution, see if you have any completed actions overdue, and if one of them is the culprit.

I can't remember weather I put the fix for this in 1.0.x or 1.1....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
I think this is correct... for a while there was a bug where we were counting completed actions by mistake sometimes. After trying the suggested solution, see if you have any completed actions overdue, and if one of them is the culprit.

I can't remember weather I put the fix for this in 1.0.x or 1.1....
Well, I'm confused. I have other projects where all of the actions are completed and they don't show anything outstanding.

I tried marking the project as completed, and indeed the white on red number disappeared, replaced by a white on green tick on the project icon. However when I tried to add another action to this project the tick disappeared (understandable) and the number of outstanding actions went to 2. The new action was immediately marked in red and my "invisible" action was back.

I have worked around this by creating a new project, dragging the completed actions into it, deleting the "Admin" project and renaming the new project to "Admin". But this does feel like a bug to me. Great product though, particularly now that I can sync to my iTouch.

Thanks,

Ian.

If your project has a due date (which it sounds like it does) adding a new action to it once it has been marked completed will reopen it with the same date that is past due. What you could have done here is 1. selected the project. 2. Opened the inspector. 3. Remove the due date associated with the project.

Thanks Troy, I'll try that if it happens again.

Ian.
--