The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Styles, spacing, lists and justification menu - Confused... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've just started using OmniGraffle and have been getting confused with this menu which appears when you are editing text in an object. It looks like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76923252@N00/2513686772/

The styles shown in this menu don't look like canvas styles or favorite styles. The extra ones in there I put in there by right clicking on some text, selecting Font and then Styles. This box came up....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76923252@N00/2512864633/

Then I found the text style I wanted to name by traversing the list and then clicked add to favourites. Then it asked me for a name which later showed up in the styles dropdown.

So it looks like it's some kind of named text style (just what I'm after) but there doesn't seem to be a way to delete these styles once created. Nor can I find any documentation on what this feature is or how it should be used.

Anyone have a clue how this might work?

Many thanks

Chris

That's just the default Cocoa text styles menu, all apps that use the Cocoa Text API get it for free (like TextEdit and Mail, etc.).

It can be a bit arcane and difficult to use, but it's there in any case.

And what you set up in there will appear in any app you use that uses the text editor ... Yojimbo, Scrivener, Together ... the styles you set up will be there in all of them.

Mark