The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I think my new macbook omnifocus just overwrote my mobileme database - help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think my new macbook omnifocus just overwrote my mobileme database - help.

I just got a new laptop and installed omnifocus 1.1. I have omnifocus on my iPhone > mobileme > macbook. Howver when I sync'd my omnifocus macbook with mobileme, it just looked the same as it started. Now I'm afraid I may have lost everything and overwrote things the wrong way!

I'm not even turning on my iPhone until I can see if I can save my data.

Can I somehow use my iPhone data to overwrite all the others before it syncs with the bad data?

Last edited by Orlando; 2008-10-01 at 09:05 AM..

Ok, I think I resolved it. I was very careful, but it looks like Omnifocus was good enough to help me avoid catastrophe by giving me the right choices.

The problem might have come in when I first installed the app on my MBA, and somehow missed something that would use the Server Copy when merging. Maybe I skipped past it accidentally.

The saving grace was that my iPhone started syncing and said, "the server copy looks unrelated to yours, use Local or Server Copy?" so I picked Local. Hurray. Then it sent my local data to mobileme, and after that I was able to re-sync the data on my MBA using the now updated Server Copy on mobileme.

In the end it worked out. Hurray.