The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Last call for OmniFocus 1.7 feedback! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Ken, I actually had just chosen from the clips available in OF (i.e. alarm clock, inbox w/stack, etc.). When I first installed and opened 1.7 I went in and selected them anew because they had changed from what I had in 1.6. Then, when I just updated to v77.32.0.117996, they all reverted to the folder icon. So, I went and changed them all again. I will see if that happens again with the next build.

Hi Ken, the icons didn't change when I updated to v77.32.0.118013! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithFK View Post
I would really like a little bit more flexibility in the ability to create a perspective that shows due items - very helpful for the short-term reviews.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:
  • a perspective with just due items that includes "Due within the next month" and "Due within the next 3 months"
  • a perspective that adds flagged items to that

It seems like those could both best be facilitated by adding a couple more items to the definition of "Due soon".
The reason you aren't seeing the items further out is that the "Due or Flagged" selector seems to be the "Due Soon or Flagged" selector in implementation. It seems to have been implemented as a reaction to frequent requests for something like the "Today" feature found in a competing product, and I'm guessing the choice of the more restrictive viewpoint was done to keep the view from being cluttered up with more distant tasks with due dates. Expanding the range of Due Soon choices will certainly do what you request, but at the cost of styling a bigger swath of actions with the Due Soon styling, and I have to wonder if you really want that, as it will likely desensitize you to seeing something with that styling.

My practice is to use the Remaining selector (and group by Due) rather than the Due or Flagged selector. I tend to use the flags to signal things that I need to concentrate on in the near term, so it isn't much of an issue that the longer-term view that I use for seeing things due over the next month or quarter or year doesn't show them. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Embedded attachments are syncing properly, but the iPhone app isn't able to display some attachment types at the moment (a new issue on the device which seems to have started with iPhone OS 3.0). We'll have to fix that with an iPhone app update.

(I encounter the same issue when syncing your example PDF attachment from OmniFocus 1.6.1.)
Thanks for the response, Ken.

I did have additional bizarre attachment behavior after installing 1.7 SP but Theo now has a copy of my database.

Keep up the excellent and extremely responsive development efforts!

Peter

I received an email today at 5 pm:

Quote:
SEATTLE -- August 27, 2009 -- The Omni Group has released new versions of all of their shipping software, including OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner, OmniPlan, OmniWeb, OmniGraphSketcher, OmniDiskSweeper, and OmniDazzle. All applications have been updated to include Snow Leopard support, with new features in both OmniFocus and OmniGraffle.

OmniFocus, the Omni Group's Getting Things DoneŽ-inspired task management program, now includes a completely redesigned interface for Perspectives, the feature that allows you to save customized view settings for your OmniFocus window. OmniFocus 1.7 also provides the ability to view a list of attachments in your OmniFocus document, and delete them as necessary in order to speed document syncing.

Also added to OmniFocus 1.7 is improved overall sync performance, as well as a number of interface improvements including some visual changes designed to make the user experience smoother and simpler. More information is available at: <http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnifocus/>.
But I see only sneakypeeks. o_O

Not sure who you received that from, but it looks like a press release intended to run tomorrow. See Omni's Snow Leopard page for the fun tomorrow.

Curt