The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

best option? paste jpg into file or link to it Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As most of you know I had a speed problem which is now solved, but I'm wary of pasting jpgs I need and accumulating too many attachments...

however, the idea of file linking seems dangerous as my backup file no longer includes the pictures.

also, I'm wondering if those files got renamed or moved while omnifocus was not running, what happens? I did a test, and it seems it must monitor and update itself, but still not 100% sure.

any advice on how to keep the database both fast and secure?

OmniFocus can handle a certain number of file attachments, but once you start getting up into the hundreds- or thousands-of-files range, I think you're going to be much better off using a tool dedicated to that purpose.

Another customer with similar needs posted not too long ago - looks like the consensus opinion was that DevonThink was the way to go. More info in this thread - hope this helps!