The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't update to version 1.1 from 1.0.3?! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!

This is my first post in this forum, so "Hi!" to all of you!

I found out about OmniFocus on macnews.de and I am using this application since months. It is really a great companion in my daily life.

I purchased version 1.0.3 for my iPhone, but didn't really use it due to missing WebDAV/MobileMe.

Now I've read that there is this new version 1.1 for iPhone which supports syncing via Bonjour. That's what I've waited for.

My problem is: I can't update to version 1.1 neither via AppStore on my iPhone nor iTunes on my Mac.

I am using iTunes 8 on 10.4.10, my iPhone is updated to 2.1.

I appreciate every help!

Thanks in advance!

RobBb

I'm having the same problem... (Though I'm running Leopard: 10.5.5)

I have the same problem. :(

Itunes 8.01
Omnifocus 1.03
Leopard 10.5.5

Beginning to feel that the added costs of using OmniFocus compared to competition is giving me no extra benefits.

There ought to be more to professional grade task-management than the price.

-----

And suddenly it worked! Weird...

Well must say that the new version is a giant leap ahead. So far I have had no crashes, and the bonjour syncing is fast as snakes. Farewell MobileMe Webdav! You will not be missed.

Last edited by jenspoder; 2008-11-07 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenspoder View Post
I have the same problem. :(

Itunes 8.01
Omnifocus 1.03
Leopard 10.5.5

Beginning to feel that the added costs of using OmniFocus compared to competition is giving me no extra benefits.

There ought to be more to professional grade task-management than the price.
Well, yes, but what does that have to do with a problem with Apple's process of selling and delivering iPhone software to you?

What exactly happens when you try to update?

My iPhone says "All Apps are up to date" when I choose Update in the AppStore. The AppStore icon though shows 5 updates.

Nearly the same problem on my Mac with iTunes: It's said that I can update 5 apps but showing only 4 to be updated.

I don't understand that.

Now I've got OF 1.1 becUse my friend had no problem updating her OF through the AppStore on her iPhone (same FW as mines,same OF)

I guess this is a problem of the iPhone FW and iTunes.

By the way: OF 1.1 is great, syncing works perfectly ( only with the firewall turned off)

Wish you all a nice Saturday!

I have the same problem...I see that there is a new version but I do not get a update notice and I can't do it in Itunes either!!

I want the 1.1 bad!

What to do???

/ M

Is it possible that your phone configuration has gotten confused such that it no longer realizes it's supposed to be associated with your app store account?

Otherwise, if you have your OmniFocus database synced to a network server or to a desktop copy of OmniFocus, you might try deleting and reinstalling OmniFocus on the phone (make sure you do a sync right beforehand to be sure all of your data is preserved, as deleting it will also destroy the local copy of your data). I would expect that to get the most current version of the application.

After restarting my iPhone (Home+Power buttons) I've been able to download all the updates i needed. Try this, I think it should help :-)

It sounds like I've got a similar problem to those above, but I've tried the recommended procedures shown above and still no joy!

I have got Omnifocus 1.0.3 on my iphone. I'm trying to update to the new version 1.1.1, but can't. If I try to install on my Mac it tells me there are no updates even though it also states to update available. If I try to update on my iphone it tells me that it can't update because the program is currently being modified. I've tried this multiple times still to no avail. I have also tried deleting the program from the iPhone but with no success. Any light you can shed on this problem would be gratefully received.

Did you try to restart your iPhone as I stated above? This worked for me.