The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

autocomplete="please" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of the reasons I switched to OmniWeb is its snarky habit of ignoring autocomplete="off" for sites like mail.yahoo.com that think I'm an Internet neophyte. Ironically, the only site for which I cannot store username and password values is forums.omnigroup.com. What is blocking it, and there a way we can remove the impediment?

this actually isn't due to something as simple as an "autocomplete=off" setting. The vBulletin folks designed the software to hash the password and remove it from the form submission when you click the log in button. This means your browser doesn't know you've entered and submitted a login / password for saving. Chances are you'll see this same thing on all vBulletin based forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience here.