The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automatic Sync with iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, this is the first time for me in this forum. I'm evaluating OmniFocus and looking forward to purchase it as soon as the trial period is ended.
I would like to know if there's any way one could have OmniFocus synchronize with iCal automatically without having to select the appropriate command under the File menu.
Than you in advance

Maclavelli, we considered including that feature but ultimately rejected the idea. If the process occurred passively, when your attention wasn't focused on the results, a mis-sync could have really bad results for your data which you might not detect until it was hard to recover from.

Our own OmniFocus-to-OmniFocus sync process gets a bit more leeway because we wrote all the code. We weren't quite as trusting when syncing with an app that includes code we didn't write, and which also may be host to plugins or third-party apps that may also be syncing with it and do stuff to your data. :-)