The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Row Padding (Standard vs. Pro) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Like others, I'm trying to figure out whether to upgrade to the Standard or the Pro version (a Family Pack in this case). I looked at the comparisons, and decided that I didn't feel I needed the Pro version; downloaded OO4 and started to play with it. Some changes of course, but nicely more modern-looking.

Then I started opening some documents from OO3 and it looks like by default the space between rows is much larger. I don't recall changing this in OO3, but in OO4 (Pro) I need to change the 'row padding' value to 0 or 1 to get my documents to look the same now (could I have changed a default somehow?).

Maybe for text, the new default is better, but for lists and short-form rows, it adds a lot of space.

For example, from OO3 a piece of a shopping list:

vs. the same in OO4:

Perhaps this is just an edge case, but depending on one's use of OO, it's a bit jarring. Was this intended?

(I should point out that the primary reason that I used the Pro version formerly is because of the AppleScripts that supported the functionality that is now OmniFocus - and I do understand these decisions are always difficult.)

Thanks for listening.