The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Marking actions for attention today Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I thought I had posted this question yesterday but can''t find the post. Sorry if it is a duplicate.

I have been using omnioutliner for years as a todo list. Every day I moved items for that day into a "Today" list. This is very useful for me as it lists what I want to achieve that day and gives me a record of what I have achieved as I check them off.

I'm looking for something similar but more sophisticated in Omnifocus. I can, of course, do the same, i.e. move them into a project called "today." I am hoping however, that there is some way I can leave the items in the projects they are associated with and tag them as items for attention today, somehow. I could flag each item and sort for flagged items, but I would prefer something a bit more sophisticated.

What would be ideal would be a way I could give today as a start date and then they would stay at the top of the list or on a list by themselves until I mark them completed.

I've tried giving the actions for today a start date of today and sorting by start, but they still show up under their project in the order of the projects established in the project column, not with actions for today at the top of the list.

I want the actions for today or that have already started but not completed to show up at the top of the list, or in a list by themselves.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

--Kenoli