The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple master canvases, new canvases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everybody,

I'm having a bit of trouble with multiple master canvases.

I add one master canvas, then add say 10 canvases to that (master canvas A, or MC-A. Then I create master canvas B (MC-B), in the hope of making more canvases that refer to B.

However, all new canvases I create from this point forward automatically default and refer to MC-A. I am unable to create canvases built from MC-B. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance, loyal Omnithists!

-Wynn

New canvas creation takes whatever master the previous canvas was dependent on, so you could make your 10 canvases referring to MC-A, then make MC-B, make a new canvas (that would wind up referring to MC-A), drag MC-B to the new canvas, and then make many more.

Ahh, the old drag-n-drop. I always forget about that one.

Thanks a million Joel!