The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blocking cookies and changing colors Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have used OW for a few years and it took me this long to find out that you can block cookies not wanted forever and still keep "Accept cookies" on. This after I started to think how to stop Google & such from gathering information about my pyjama color.

You just simply go Preferences >Security >Show Cookies, pick the ones you want to block and choose "Rejected." Just what was ordered (I hope).

ALSO – I fixed my annoyance news site that uses bright red in headlines: Site Preferences Inspector >Page Info >Page Colors >Agua = No more problem! Any other browser that can fix these?

Firefox can do #2 in a number of ways. I think it can do #1 as well. That said, I don't think it can do any of that without extensions.

I would love an option to select a cookie in OW and choose an option "delete and always reject".

The really nice thing about cookie handling in OW in my view is that it also works the other way round:

Set all cookies to be rejected, then view the cookies a site has been trying to set and choose which to accept. Or even, if you are curious, just look tem through to see what the site was trying to remember about you. :-)

I know no other browser or browser extension that is able to do this.