The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessing the database from Linux Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have webdav running on a linux box which is running 24/7
I sync my mac and iphone using that server
I create entries using emails from the iphone (e.g., I'll forward an important email to a "todo" address which is simply myemail+todo@gmail.com)
Obviously, and as it's been discussed in other places, the todo won't appear until it is received on a mac that can run the omnifocus filter.

Basically, I'd run a cron job every 5-10 minutes to check my mail and add entries to the database on the server.

My question: is there a documentation anywhere about the format of the database? Are there non-mac-specific command line tools that I could use to add entries in the database?

There has been a bit of discussion of how to add files to the sync database, but if anyone has gone off and actually developed a library to do so, they haven't reported back offering to share the fruits of their labors!

Here's one good thread: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18007

There are probably others in that same forum.