The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

I love OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
17. Projects with future dates automatically get put into the pending project filter.

This one drove me crazy today.
I had always seen that pending project filter, but didn't know how to get a project into it or what it was for.

Today I changed a project to have a future start date (I just started using start dates) and the project disappeared. I panicked for about 5 min thinking my project had been deleted. I kept reproducing it over and over... until I looked up at my project filter, and changed it from active to pending. Bravo!

There it was. I like getting those projects out of my active projects list.

Although... it would be cool to have some kind of visual indication to what had happened. Like it swooping over to... hmm... there's nothing for it to swoop to. Okay... maybe like a horizontal twist so that it disappears. But then I would also probably want some indication when things are deleted. Like it being shredded. :-)

18. Another cool thing I love about OmniFocus. I can have two project files open, select multiple projects, and then drag them to another project and they are added.

This is gorgeous!

19. Backup files! More than once I've been saved by the OmniFocus backup files. This is something that iTunes doesn't have. Although there is time machine, now. Which I haven't started using due to the gobs of data I have. Maybe I'll fool around with Time Machine. I've been using Retrospect, another backup software that is extremely customizable. Anyway...

And here is where Omni bangs it on the head! Backups. Out the wazoo. Bang on!

20. I have tested ninety-seven builds of OmniFocus since May and it has crashed numerous times, yet none of my data has been lost. I feel very secure about my data in OmniFocus.