The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bookmarks in Omniweb backup to .mac accounts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a .mac account. Do my bookmarks automatically backup to my .mac account. I believe they do so in safari.

Not automatically but you can turn on .mac bookmark syncing in the Bookmarks preference pane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Not automatically but you can turn on .mac bookmark syncing in the Bookmarks preference pane.
Does this mean that the only time the bookmarks are synchronized is when you select "Bookmarks -> Synchronize Bookmarks Now"?

No you can sync manually but it also happens periodically throughout your session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
No you can sync manually but it also happens periodically throughout your session.
Thanks for the feedback Troy. I appreciate it.

FWIW, I think what troyb meant with his first comment is that one has to first enable that option in OW before it will happen. Once it's enabled, it does it automatically. It's not automatically enabled.

Oh yeah, re-reading my first comment I see that it was probably a bit misleading sorry about that.

Can I sync my workspaces to .mac?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi, at this time workspaces can not be synced via OmniWeb to .mac. Something we'd certainly like to add in the future though!

question is how do we get the bookmarks off of .mac once they are on .mac