The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how do i hide the inbox in planning/project mode? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
when i set up a perspective, i want to hide the inbox and only see the immediately relevant project.

i read of a workaround which involved selecting only the project and/or library then saving the perspective, but i can't find the workaround now.

please advise!

anyone know the solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroglide View Post
anyone know the solution?
From the Help menu inside of the OmniFocus app:

Focusing on certain projects or folders

If you know that you want to concentrate for a while on a particular project, folder, or combination of items, the Focus feature can get everything else out of your way.

To focus:

Select a project or folder (or any combination of projects and folders) in the sidebar.

Click the Focus toolbar button, or choose Focus on (Selected Items) from the View menu. Everything outside your selection disappears from the sidebar, and the title at the top of the window changes to Focusing on (Selected Items). (You can also hold option while double-clicking an item in the sidebar.)

As you work in planning mode, or switch to context mode, OmniFocus ignores everything outside of your focus, as if the items you’re focusing on are the only items in your library.

When you’re done focusing, choose Show All Projects from the View menu, or click the Show All toolbar button. Your library comes back as if nothing ever happened!

When you find yourself using a certain set of contexts, focus, and view bar filters pretty often, you might want to save them as a perspective.