The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SP9 chrashiness Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've had the same problem with SP 7 and now SP9 where if I would place my PB into sleep for say longer than 5-10 min when I would reopen up the PB OW would crash as soon as the system launched. I had haxies from unsanity installed menu master and clear dock but then uninstalled them and erased any trace of their existence but to no avail. SP9 still crashes upon wake from sleep. Now the interesting point is that if I put it to sleep for less than 5 min it doesn't crash.

Any clues?

Maybe this isn't limited to OmniWeb - have you seen this at MacFixIt?

Do you see any error messages in console.log or system.log afterwards, other than OmniWeb has crashed (i.e. is another process crashing or having problems which may then lead to OmniWeb crashing)?

it might be because thinking about it Safari used to do that to me also... although it hasn't happened recently then again I haven't been using Safari in the past month so we'll have to see...

I'll run a test and find out

Most of the times, these crashes of safari or omniweb after wake from sleep are due to the flash player v8.5 installed. Getting back to 8.0 solves it.

Indeed I have been seeing several crashes mentioning waking from sleep whose stack trace has flash on it:
Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 -- 0x00000000 -- start
    1 -- 0x0f351d98 -- _native_ShockwaveFlash_TCallFrame
    2 -- 0x0f3521f4 -- _native_ShockwaveFlash_TCallFrame
    3 -- 0x913e4960 -- _rlsPerform
    4 -- 0x907dca68 -- ___CFRunLoopDoSources0
It's good to hear that it is version specific--I guess we should add this to the known issues.

If anyone needs it here it the link to the uninstaller for Flash

and then here is where you can download version 8