The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Copy OmniFocus selection in FoldingText format Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find that I am spending an increasing proportion of my time using the FoldingText plain text outliner, and often use it to gather thoughts to outline and edit projects before committing them to OmniFocus.

I sometimes also find that I want to pull material out of OmniFocus into FoldingText.

Here is a first draft of a script OmniFocusCopyAs.scpt which copies the OF selection in FoldingText Markdown format, encoding the OF context, start/due/done dates, duration, and flagged status as FoldingText @key(value) tags.

(It includes the full path of the selected material, up through any nesting folders, and adds a FoldingText .todo mode tag to project level nodes).

Confirmation of the copy is given by Growl, if installed. There is an essentially identical companion script: OmniFocusSaveAsFoldingText.scpt

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-12-08 at 04:33 AM..

Rob, between you and a few others on Twitter, I want to say thanks for all the effort and sharing you do with your OmniFocus scripts.

Kind of you - just working drafts which I sketch for my own use - mainly intended as illustrative, and as encouragements to others to learn some scripting.

( It's always helpful to get suggestions and bug reports – though I won't always have time to respond to them :-)