The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Favorites bookmarks disappear! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After upgrading to the 5.5.4 beta, I notice that the folder containing my favorites has disappeared from the bookmark view. My bookmarks are available to me in the bookmarks bar, but I cannot edit them at all. Stange bug.

I too am having this issue. I went to do some organizing of my Favorites but cannot find them in the Bookmarks view. I have been looking all over and am not sure where they went. I'm using version 5.6. Strange.

Hello, are you seeing the sidebar in the bookmarks view? There should be a list of "Groups" in the left hand side with "Personal Bookmarks" and "Favorites" at the top.

If you're not seeing the sidebar, you should be able to drag the sidebar out by clicking and dragging the dot on the left side of your window.

If you see the sidebar but favorites isn't listed. Quit OmniWeb. Open a finder window and browse to:

~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/
(where ~ is your home folder)

Delete the file called "Groups.plist" and restart OmniWeb. The favorites should now appear in the sidebar.

That did it! Thanks for your help on that one, I had a feeling it was going to be something simple or strange. I recently upgraded to Leopard by doing a "clean install" of my entire system and moving my data back by hand. I suspect something got screwy when I did that.

Thanks again, I was beginning to feel like I was going a little crazy ("i know it was here before! At least I thought it was...")