The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recurring Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there some way to set recurring tasks in OF. There are many tasks that I like to occur again in a fixed time after they are completed.

Use the A in the inspector thingummy; set the repeat options.

Victor.

First, let me say, I LOVE OmniFocus. I love all the Omni tools, truly the best third party tools available on any platform, Mac or Windows. I've been waiting for OmniFocus for some time, and it's great.

There are just a few things I'm still settling into. For example:

I'm experimenting with reoccurring actions. The ideal behavior of this particular action ("Write Morning Pages") would be to repeat every day. Once I have completed that task for the day, I click it to close and it disappears until the next day.

Currently, my default "what should I do next" approach with OmniFocus is to view in Context mode with all Contexts selected. Filter settings are: Ungrouped, Project, Next Actions, Any Duration, and All Flags.

In this setting, I see the "Write Morning Pages" task. I click it upon completion. It immediately reappears, despite being set to repeat in 1, 2, or 3 days. I don't want to see it now, I just finished it. I want to see it tomorrow.

Should I be doing something different to achieve this behavior? Or perhaps could reoccurring tasks automatically be set with start dates calculated from completion date + repeat interval?

Thanks,

Jason

You want to set a start date (and perhaps time) on the item and set it to repeat every 1 days from the assigned date. That should do what you want.

Curt

It's true that the task will show again as available, but it should be a different color to indicate it's pending. Also, you can have the due date showing, too, so that should be another way to differentiate it from tasks that are more immediate.

That did it. Thanks, Curt!