The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Show New and Recently Edited Items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be very helpful to have a way to view all the items that have recently been changed (added, edited, completed, deleted). Perhaps this can be done as a custom perspective, but I don't see how. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Switch to context mode and set your view bar to group and sort by modified. Collapse any groupings you're not interested in.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Switch to context mode and set your view bar to group and sort by modified. Collapse any groupings you're not interested in.
(The option of a modification date column might be useful in these views).

If you are using OF 1.8 (currently sneaky peek) or above, and need finer granularity than "Changed today / within the last six months / the last year" then you can save and reuse custom searches like:
tasks where modification date > (today - 3 * days)
or
projects where modification date > (today - 2 * weeks)
by using the applescript app at http://bit.ly/OF-Find2

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 07:47 AM..

Thanks. I have this working very nicely now. Saved as a custom perspective and added to the tool bar, it's one of the most useful ways of accessing my data.