The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut for date entry? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Specifically, I'd love to be able to hit something like command = (as in filemaker) to enter the current date and time. This could make it very easy to track time....

try "now"

the manual section on setting start dates and due dates has some other text shortcuts.

As Lucas said, "now" works in date fields (start, due, completed, next review). In other fields you can use the "Insert time stamp" commands (Edit > Insert Time Stamp), which gives you five options. I'm running the 1.1 sneakypeek so I don't know whether those commands are in 1.0.x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteMac View Post
Specifically, I'd love to be able to hit something like command = (as in filemaker) to enter the current date and time. This could make it very easy to track time....
Are you looking to enter the current date and time in a date/time field (start, due, completed) or in a text field (notes, action name)? Lucas' suggestion works for the former; for the latter, see Edit->Insert Time Stamp... which has a number of variants, all with keyboard shortcuts. Cmd-| is my favorite of the bunch for time/date stamping project notes.

Ever since upgrading to 1.5 final the quick entry of dates does not work anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

None of the shortcuts work anymore, regardless if I hit enter or tab after entering the shortcut.

No issues here. Can you give a specific example of exactly what you're typing and where? Maybe we're using different keypresses. Also, are you using a non-English localization?

Curt

Hey Curt, the reason is very simple... My version is German (I did not realize that, yes this sounds funny, but being bilingual you sometimes don't notice) and I tried "1d" for "1 day" instead of "1t" for "1 Tag". After I had this sudden realization all works as promised.

Very smart doing it this way, btw. I am sure a lot of developers would have missed that one (language sensitive keyboard entries).

Cheers
Malte