The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Columns and window re-sizes... again Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I really am getting bored with re-sizing the due date column every time I switch windows, then having to resize the window as it goes beyond the edge of the screen. I know this has been discussed for a long time here - but when is it going to be sorted out?

I don't see this problem. I virtually never need change my column widths or window sizes. Are you saving your views as perspectives? We need more information to help.

-Dennis

phc, do you make use of the perspectives feature? One of the pieces of the information that a perspective preserves is how wide your columns should be. One possibility here is that some of your perspectives have column widths saved, and some are using whatever's been saved to the built in "default view" perspective.

I'd recommend you select Perspectives -> Revert to Default View from the menu bar, and then adjust the column width to whatever you prefer.

Next, select Perspectives -> Show Perspectives. When the perspectives window comes up, double-click the icon to the left of each entry in the list of perspectives at the left of the window.

That'll help you see which perspectives are causing your column widths and/or window size to change. Once you determine which ones are responsible, you can fix it, check the "Restore: layout" box in the perspectives window, and then select
Perspectives -> Take Snapshot of <name of perspective>
from the menu to save the new value. Hope this helps!