The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Inline image viewing - resizing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Brilliant work on implementing the (Evernote-esque) inline image viewing - http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=30706.

It's fantastic (despite some bugs with the images moving around and about).

However, I was wondering OmniGroup could implement Gmail-esque image resizing, in terms of the interface. Nothing complicated – no need to offer 0-100% scaling size, just 'small, medium, large, original' configurations.

Any thoughts on this?

I would dearly love to have re-sizing. I find that the ability to display images in an outline is severely limited if I can't re-size them. So what I have to do is experiment with changing the size of the image file until its size in the outline is what I want. This takes time, and it limits me to the one size.

In other apps, I've really liked the flexibility to scale one image up and down depending on my needs of the moment.

Actually no, I disagree with the method I had previously suggested – Gmail's model of resizing inline images is far too simplistic and is completely out of place for a OmniGroup app.

I suggest adopting (Apple's) Pages (screenshot above, as an example) implementation of resizing.

Along with the ability to freely resize images (without ratio constraint), OmniGroup should also integrate shift+drag (to maintain ratio constraint).

This would be the best way to implement the resizing option for inline images.